Below are key highlights of my activity as a politician over several years on our island of Guernsey.
- Elected for St Peter Port, 1997, topping Town poll 2000 with over 2000 votes
- Member for St Peter Port South 2004 - 2008
- Member for Town North since 2008 until the present day
- Member States Heritage Committee, scheduled buildings subcommittee 1997 - 2004
- Member States Traffic Committee 1997 - 1999 and 2000 - 2004
- Member States Arts & Brooadcasting committees 1997 - 2004
- Member Overseas Aid Committee a precursor to the Overseas Aid & Development Commission 2002 - 2004
- Member States Housing Board 2004 - 2008
- Member Scrutiny Committee 2004 - 2012
- Member of Legislation Select Committee or panel for sixteen and half years
- Vice President Legislation Select Committee 2012 - 2016
- President States Legislation Select Committee 2008 - 2012 in the austerity post zero ten era
- Member Culture and Leisure Board 2008 - 2012 including being a delegate on St James council and youth group pre commission
- Member and President of PERCC Parochial Ecclesiastical Rates Review Committee set up by the policy council 2005 - 2016
- Member Social Security Department Board 2012 - 2016
- Member SWIBIC Board looking at income support rebates 2014 - 2016 and Social Welfare Investigation Board
- Member Environment Committee 2014 - 2016
- Member Education Sport and Culture 2017 - 2018
- President Living Streets and member of the Vulnerable Road User Group
- Member of Employment and Social Security Board 2016 to present day
- States Transport Licensing Authority to present day
- Past founder President of the DPA Development and Planning Authority, that launched the island development plan for three years from 2016 - 2019
Other Positions Held
I have been a former president of the Guernsey Association, and the Self Employed Association a secretary at the Guernsey Consumer Group and have been a long standing committee member of the Worker’s Educational Association Committee for many years as well as formerly for nine years the Mind Committee and the mental health service users group. I regularly attend IoD (Institute of Directors) events and have been a member. I am an active member of the Chamber of Commerce, Young Business Group (I dressed up as a Christmas pudding last year) and La Societies Guernesiase. I am a member of The Friends of the Priaulx Library Committee. I’m a Trinity Church member and support the addictions and ex offenders charity group.
I am also a conference delegate at the England and Wales Green Party conferences and seminars having paid up as a life member many years back. I was also briefly a member of the Conservative party!
In past lives I have an honours degree in law from Kent Canterbury University, various certificates in trust and company administration, supervisory management, and psychotherapy and part owned and was a Director of a recruitment employment agency another in executive directorial role in insurance, a property management entity. I have been in the past a landlord as well as for over ten years writing a popular weekly current affairs column in the Guernsey Globe and fulfilling other media roles too. I am a past president and committee member of Living Streets and am a member of local political think tank groups, The Charter 18 Group, The 2020 Group and The Islanders Association.
My 2020 manifesto as a PDF
Election 2020 - my candidate page
Election 2020 - candidate question and answers
My previous 2016 manifesto
My page on the States of Guernsey (Government) website